Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
It is a common misconception that with the dryness of our service area that it is impossible for mold growth to occur in homes and businesses. However, from week to week, our remediation technicians are helping homeowners and commercial management remove mold colonies from their properties to prevent their spread.
Attics and crawlspaces are often common culprits for mold growth in our area, as these portions of your property typically have poor ventilation. Regardless of where the mold is or how it originated, taking care of the situation promptly is critical. Active colonies feed on organic materials and can erode and degrade construction materials as well as pose potential health risks to the occupants of your home or business.
With our highly-trained Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians and our advanced equipment for removal and restoration, our team can overcome any facet of mold damage we encounter. Our drying efforts with equipment like desiccant dehumidifiers and our preventative measures with treating surfaces with antimicrobial solutions, our team can effectively remove a present colony and prevent its spread throughout the property.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (775) 588-2355
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Carson City / Douglas County / South Lake Tahoe / Reno East and Lyon & Storey Counties?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (775) 588-2355
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Carson City / Douglas County / South Lake Tahoe / Reno East and Lyon & Storey Counties is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Carson City community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2170 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: